eThekwini Municipal Library Essay Competition
March 04, 2014
eThekwini Municipal Libraries invites
Former and current university / college / tertiary students and adults to participate in an essay competition.
Topic: How checking in the library changed my life in the last 20 years.
1. One page essay – 300 words
2. Language to be used – English And Zulu
3. Competition runs from 10 February 2014 – 18 March 2014
4. Age of entrant -- 20 years +
5. Finalists will be informed by 18 March 2014
6. Essay can be dropped off at your local library….Or….e-mailed to … Libraryessay2014@gmail.com or
7. Prizes will be awarded to:
v First place
v Second place
v Third place
8. Finalists will be invited to present their essays and winners will need to produce
proof of identification (to verify age) and name the library that played a role on your life in the last 20 years of Democracy.
9. Prize giving / awards function will be held on the 22 March during Library Week at
Central Reference – Don Africana Library
Top 20 essays will be published in a book for eThekwini Libraries