Job Ad - Law Researcher(2 Posts) - Supreme Court of Appeal: Bloemfontein. Closing date: 13 March 2015
The President of the Republic of South Africa proclaimed, by Proclamation No 44 of 2010, the establishment of the Office of the Chief Justice (OCJ) as a national department on 3 September 2010 to support the Chief Justice as the Head of the Judiciary and the Head of the Constitutional Court. The services of the following dynamic person are required to capacitate the Office:
POST: RE ADVERT: LAW RESEARCHER (2 POSTS)
CENTRE: SUPREME COURT OF APPEAL: BLOEMFONTEIN (FREE STATE)
SALARY: R 270 804 – 318 984 per annum. The successful candidate will be required to sign a performance agreement.
• An LLB degree or four year recognize legal qualification;
• Work experience in a legal environment.
NOTE: Applicants must provide evidence of skills listed under requirements by providing university result transcripts, or other proof of research and analytical ability, with their applications. The applicant must show also that he or she has experience in performing work with accuracy and attention to detail.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
• Computer Literacy and familiarity with legal computer data bases.
• Ability to read, write and speak fluent English.
• Report writing. Research and analytical skills.
• Planning and organizing ability. Ability to integrate knowledge from diverse sources. Ability to work under pressure. Accuracy and attention to details.
• Provide professional legal research assistance to the courts.
• Conduct legal research as required by the judges of the court.
• Monitoring and bringing to the attention of judges of the court new legal developments and legislation.
• Checking judgments for style and accuracy in citations.
ENQUIRIES:Ms CA Martin (051) - 412 7423
APPLICATIONS: Quoting the relevant reference number, direct your application to: The Director, Supreme Court of Appeal, Private Bag X258, BLOEMFONTEIN, 9300 OR Hand deliver to: The Supreme Court of Appeal, Corner President Brand and Elizabeth Street, BLOEMFONTEIN.
CLOSING DATE: 13 March 2015
NOTE: In the filling of the advertised posts, the objectives of the Constitution of South Africa, 1996 and the staffing policy of the Public Service broadly will be taken into consideration. Applications must be submitted on Form Z83, obtainable from any Public Service Department. A Z83 & CV must be accompanied by certified copies of qualifications, identity document and driver’s license. A SAQA evaluation report must accompany foreign qualifications. Applications that do not comply with the above mentioned requirements will not be considered.
The Office of the Chief Justice is an equal opportunity employer. In the filling of vacant posts the objectives of section 195 (1)(i) of the Constitution of South Africa, 1996 (Act 108 of 1996), the Employment Equity imperatives as defined by the Employment Equity Act, 1998 (Act 55 of 1998) and relevant Human Resources policies of the Department will be taken into consideration. Successful candidates may be required to undergo security clearance.
If you do not hear from us within 3 months of this advertisement, please accept that your application has been unsuccessful. The department reserves the right not to fill these positions.
Please refer to the Recruitment Policy in terms of relocation and resettlement enquiries.
We welcome applications from persons with disAbilities.