Job Ad - Librarian - Supreme Court of Appeal: Bloemfontein
February 25, 2015
Job Ad - Librarian - Supreme Court of Appeal: Bloemfontein.
Closing date: 6 March 2015
The President of the Republic of South Africa proclaimed, by Proclamation No 44 of 2010, the establishment of the Office of the Chief Justice (OCJ) as a national department on 3 September
2010 to support the Chief Justice as the Head of the Judiciary and the Head of the Constitutional Court. The services of the following dynamic person are required to capacitate the Office:
REFERENCE : 2015/28/FS
POST : RE ADVERT: LIBRARIAN
CENTRE : SUPREME COURT OF APPEAL: BLOEMFONTEIN
SALARY : R 183 438 –R 216 084 per annum. The successful candidate will be required to sign a performance agreement.
• A National Diploma/ Degree in Library Science or an equivalent qualification
• A minimum of 2 years’ experience in Library and Information Systems will be an added advantage
• Knowledge of Library and Information science matters, Prescripts and Legislation, Procedures and processes, Library Services.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
• Problem solving
• Customer care
• Interpersonal relations
• Computer literacy
• Ability to work under pressure
• Language proficiency
• Conflict management and Supervisory skills.
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS:
• Provide Library and Information Services of the Supreme Court of Appeal
• Select the Supreme of Appeal Library material
• Classify and Catalogue Supreme Court of Appeal Library Material.
• Render reference and information services for the Supreme Court of Appeal Library.
• Market and promote Library Service.
• Perform Administrative and Supervisory Service.
ENQUIRIES: Ms CA Martin (051) - 412 7423
APPLICATIONS:Quoting the relevant reference number, direct your application to: The Director, Supreme Court of Appeal, Private Bag X258, BLOEMFONTEIN, 9300 OR Hand deliver to: The Supreme Court of Appeal, Corner President Brand and Elizabeth Street, BLOEMFONTEIN.
CLOSING DATE: 6 March 2015
NOTE: In the filling of the advertised posts, the objectives of the Constitution of South Africa, 1996, and the staffing policy of the Public Service broadly will be taken into consideration. Applications must be submitted on Form Z83, obtainable from any Public Service Department. A Z83 & CV must be accompanied by certified copies of qualifications, identity document and driver’s license. A SAQA evaluation report must accompany foreign qualifications. Applications that do not comply with the above mentioned requirements will not be considered.
The Office of the Chief Justice is an equal opportunity employer. In the filling of vacant posts the objectives of section 195 (1)(i) of the Constitution of South Africa, 1996 (Act 108 of 1996), the Employment Equity imperatives as defined by the Employment Equity Act, 1998 (Act 55 of 1998) and relevant Human Resources policies of the Department will be taken into consideration. Successful candidates may be required to undergo security clearance.
If you do not hear from us within 3 months of this advertisement, please accept that your application has been unsuccessful. The department reserves the right not to fill these positions.
Please refer to the Recruitment Policy in terms of relocation and resettlement enquiries.
We welcome applications from persons with disAbilities.